There’s no denying the fact that there’s some form of digital signage everywhere you go and anywhere you turn to. Outfits like entertainment venues, businesses, educational institutions, and other places use digital signage in the cloud to take engage with audiences in appealing and compelling ways.
In places like train stations, airports, casinos, and several commercial buildings you’ll find a kind of digital signage in the cloud. The deal is that business owners and advertisers use this network of electronic displays to inform and entertain audiences. Most people know the importance of digital signage in the cloud but also find it tasking to ascertain which digital signage technology is best for them. Here, we’ll be discussing the two most popular kinds in the market; the LED and LCD digital signage technologies. We’ll see which is best for specific instances and help you make an informed decision.
LED Digital Signage
The LED which stands for Light Emitting Diodes is a display that is based on columns and rows of individual LED packages. LEDs have become a popular name in the industry because of their ability to give out high light levels. LED also offers high-quality picture resolution. Per a successful utilization of the Light Emitting Diodes, the digital signage in the cloud produces red, blue and green light. With a combination and balance of these primary colors, one is fully equipped to generate any color possible; think all colors in the spectrum. Generally, screens are built via multiple panels that are linked together. These panels can be customized to any size for shows, huge arenas, and a host of other events. An LED digital signage gives you a chance to display a message in a vat space.
Why you should go for LEDs
- They are brighter and will project well in most light conditions.
- Great for any weather, and will work outdoors.
- It offers richer color appearance and color contrast brilliantly.
- LED displays are usually lightweight and thin.
- They are greener and energy-efficient as they consume less energy than LCDs.
- Projection is not required and setup is straightforward.
Cons of LED Signage
- One problem with LED displays is that it’s better to view them from a reasonable distance.
- LED displays are pretty heavy and may need rigging systems. However, you can opt for mobile ones.
In summary, it’s best to use digital signage LEDs if you need a bright display that will be viewed from hundreds of yards away.
LCD Digital Signage
LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display. The image or letterings on an LCD digital signage is achieved by passing backlight via tiny liquid crystals in the digital display. The LCD technology is commonly used for TVs, and small scale or indoor digital signage in the cloud. LCD digital signage is best for small applications where the high-quality and affordable display is required. LCD digital signage offers numerous connectivity options. Besides, the screens are highly versatile.
Why should you opt for LCD digital signage?
- It possesses high resolution.
- LCD signages are cost-effective when compared to LED signages.
- Best for close-range viewing.
- Easy to rig because they are usually light.
Cons of LCD
- Brightness is not good for outdoor daylight usage.
- LCD signages are fragile and may require special attention during installation.
- The larger the display gets, the heavier it becomes.
Choosing suitable digital signage in the cloud largely depends on your application and the distance of your viewers. If you know that your audience will be face to face or close with the display, opt for an LCD digital signage. However, if you will be hanging the display, mounting it or your audience will view from significant feet away, the LED will do.
Free SignageTube Account
Sign up for your account below to see how cloud-based digital signage can help your business, organization or facility.